Professional Diploma in Strength and Conditioning for Football
The Strength and Conditioning Diploma for Football aims to provide the knowledge and skills needed to improve players’ performance in football using advanced coaching methods. During this diploma you will learn the basics of Barcelona’s style of play and the elements involved in it, In addition to the applications of Strength training methodology and improving the training and cognitive elements of players.
- Understand the different theoretical movements that underlie the new training paradigms.
- Create action plans based on an understanding of player complexity.
- Optimize the choice of different methodologies that can be applied to the training process, focusing on the formative process of players.
- Design strategies that favor a collective training process with regard to our game, focusing on player development.
- Improve critical analysis by completing a training program on the different professional roles of sports science and health.
- Improve sports performance and injury prevention through a deepened understanding of the methodology to use in strength training and muscle power programs.
- Apply the appropriate methodology to the design of the post-injury rehabilitation process in situations where strength development plays a significant role.
- Have a broad understanding of the emerging methodologies of strength training in order to explore these with the benefit of a solid scientific foundation.
- Understand the role of macronutrients for football performance.
- Use the appropriate tools to develop effective leadership in the management of groups and individuals.
- Strength and fitness trainers.
- Return-to-Play coaches
Course 1: The Basics Of Our Style Of Play
- Module 1: The science behind Barça Football
- Module 2: The elements involved
- Module 3: The defining concepts of Barça Football
- Module 4: The game as a process
Course 2: What To Train
- Module 1: Optimizing training
- Module 2: Cognitive elements of the player
- Module 3: Group elements of the team
- Module 4: The phases of play
Course 3: How To Train It
- Module 1: Train-optimize
- Module 2: The training session
- Module 3: Training specific to Barça Football I
- MODULE 4: Training specific to Barça Football II
Course 4: Neuromuscular basis for strength training
- Module 1: Characteristics of the musculoskeletal system.
- Module 2: Muscle action and its relationship to sports.
- Module 3: Systemic changes in detraining and immobilization.
- Module 4: Assessment of muscular properties in relation to sport.
Course 5: Strength training methodology: its application in the improvement of sports performance and post-injury rehabilitation for competition
- Module 1: Contextualization: how can we adapt strength training to team sports?
- Module 2: Strength workload methodology in situation sports.
- Module 3: Integrating strength workload into planning and programming of situation sports.
- Module 4: Strength in the design of sports-specific tasks. Examples based on football.
Course 6: Strength and muscle power as a key feature of rehabilitation from sports injuries
- Module 1: Analysis of injury in sports: injury mechanisms and associated risk factors.
- Module 2: Sports injuries and their relationship with the quality of strength.
- Module 3: Strength manifestations and muscle power in the post-injury rehabilitation process.
- Module 4: New paradigms in strength training: muscle building through vascular occlusion.
Course 7: Technology, strength training and muscle power
- Module 1: MODULE 1: Technology, equipment, and general strength training.
- Module 2: Technology, equipment, and specific strength training in relation to sports.
- Module 3: Technology in strength and muscle power evaluation.
- Module 4: Interactive technology and strength training.
Course 8: Macronutrients and fluid for football
- Module 1: The role of carbohydrate in the players diet
- Module 2: The role of protein in a players diet
- Module 3: The role of fat in a players diet
- Module 4: Fluid.
Course 9: Basic coaching skills
- Module 1: Leadership.
- Module 2: Communicational Tools.
- Module 3: Motivational Climates.
- Module 4: Coaches and their Environment.